45th Annual Clyde Carr Charity Golf Tournament to benefit Food Crisis Ministry
- Wednesday, 09 May 2012
- Written by Staff Reports
TRAVELERS REST, S.C. – The annual Clyde Carr Charity Golf Tournament, a fund-raising event for the North Greenville Food Crisis Ministry (NGFCM), is scheduled for June 2, 2012, at Rolling Green Golf Course in Easley, according to event organizers.
Carr started the tournament – which is in its 45th year – for charitable causes, and has helped support NGFCM with the event since it opened as a “food closet” in 1983. Last year, the tournament raised nearly $3,400 for NGFCM.
Registration for the tournament will begin at 11 a.m. on June 2. A captain's choice shotgun start will be at 1 p.m. Entry fees are $50 per person or $200 per team of four and include green fees, golf cart and refreshments.
Prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third-place teams, straightest drive (men and women), longest drive (men and women), and closest to the pin (men and women).
To sign up, please call one of the following:
- Clyde Carr - 350-1633 or 834-9704
- Charles Hunter - 420-3179
- Rolling Green Golf Course - 859-7716
To learn more about the North Greenville Food Crisis Ministry, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in Travelers Rest, visit their website here.
Related on the Tribune:
Most Read on the Tribune
- Mayor McCall to discuss Main St. revitalization at Upstate workshops
- Construction to begin at arts center, official name chosen
- Historical Society to present program on notable 'traveler's rest'
- Mayor: Travelers Rest 'not the best-kept secret in SC anymore'
- Community to remember Upstate teen killed in crash