New segment of Swamp Rabbit Trail opens in Greenville
- Wednesday, 06 June 2012
- Written by Staff Reports
GREENVILLE, S.C. -- A new segment of the Greenville Hospital System Swamp Rabbit Trail opened on Tuesday.
Approximately one mile in length, the section – made possible by an easement provided by Greenville Technical College – runs between Faris Road and Pleasantburg Drive along the Cleveland Street side of the college's Barton Campus.
The section of trail opens as Greenville Tech turns fifty and represents the same type of vision that allowed the state’s technical college system to open in the sixties, according to officials at the college.
"We are pleased to be part of the Swamp Rabbit Trail system," said Dr. Keith Miller, president of Greenville Tech. "We salute the visionaries who now are transforming our community with this path to fitness and fun."
To mark the trail opening, Greenville Tech unveiled a commemorative monument.
Related on the Tribune:
Most Read on the Tribune
- Marietta man sentenced to life for role in 2011 murder
- Vandalism leaves doors, windows shattered on Travelers Rest businesses
- Cafe at Williams Hardware ends dinner service, announces Sunday breakfast
- Travelers Rest musician aims to grow local music scene
- Local mission project provides free art camps, music camps, more