Hincapie brothers buy La Bastide property
- Wednesday, 11 July 2012
- Written by James Richardson
TRAVELERS REST, S.C. – George and Rich Hincapie have purchased La Bastide, a former Cliffs Community property located in northern Greenville County.
The duo plans to transform the property – which includes a French-inspired inn as well as a vineyard – into a training destination for athletes from across the world, according to a report on WYFF4.com.
Rich said he and his brother, a world class Tour de France athlete, have been looking for property to build a training center.
The goal is to turn La Bastide into something similar to a ski resort, and there are talks with Greenville County to extend the Greenville Hospital System Swamp Rabbit Trail to the property.
The brothers bought La Bastide from the Bank of Travelers Rest, which acquired the property at auction.
Related on the Tribune:
Most Read on the Tribune
- Marietta man sentenced to life for role in 2011 murder
- Vandalism leaves doors, windows shattered on Travelers Rest businesses
- Cafe at Williams Hardware ends dinner service, announces Sunday breakfast
- Travelers Rest musician aims to grow local music scene
- Local mission project provides free art camps, music camps, more