Photos: Fox Carolina broadcasts morning news show live from Travelers Rest
- Thursday, 19 July 2012
- Written by James Richardson
TRAVELERS REST, S.C. – Downtown Travelers Rest turned into a live television studio for four hours on Wednesday morning as FOX Carolina broadcast “The Morning News” from the gazebo on Main Street.
From Historical Society members clad in period attire to a live cooking demonstration by Chef John Judge at Giovanni's, the scene was more reminiscent of a festival than a news show.
Part of their ten-city “Celebrate the Carolinas” summer tour, co-anchor Cody Alcorn and reporter Joe Gagnon kept the crowd entertained with what was aptly described as a “televised block party, street festival and pep rally”.
Two years ago, Travelers Rest was one of the cities featured in FOX Carolina's “Town Takeover”, and event organizers said they decided to return once again because of the turn-out, reception and “small-town feel”.
"I think that today was a great day for the City of Travelers Rest,” said Mayor Wayne McCall. "Many thanks to all of the folks that came out to the gazebo this morning. We showed the rest of the area what we already know – Travelers Rest is a great place to live, work, and play!”
(Note: If you are having trouble viewing the slideshow and/or want to purchase prints, click here.)
Most Read on the Tribune
- Marietta man sentenced to life for role in 2011 murder
- Vandalism leaves doors, windows shattered on Travelers Rest businesses
- Cafe at Williams Hardware ends dinner service, announces Sunday breakfast
- Local mission project provides free art camps, music camps, more
- Travelers Rest musician aims to grow local music scene