Mayor proclaims 'Michael Batchelor Day' in Travelers Rest
- Monday, 25 February 2013
- Written by James Richardson
TRAVELERS REST, S.C. – Last Thursday, Travelers Rest Mayor Wayne McCall issued a proclamation making February 22, 2013, “Michael Batchelor Day” in Travelers Rest.
Batchelor, who has served as president of Greenville Hospital System's North Greenville Medical Campus in Travelers Rest since 2005, was recently named to be the CEO of Baptist Easley Hospital.
In the proclamation, McCall says: "[Batchelor] has willingly and actively participated throughout his years in Travelers Rest as a vital member of our community by volunteering his time, energy and efforts to work for the betterment and growth of Travelers Rest."
Batchelor, who is a former president of the Greater Travelers Rest Chamber of Commerce (then known as the Travelers Rest Area Business Association), has served on multiple organizations' board of directors, "leading by example and immersing himself in volunteerism".
"I certainly appreciate your friendship, your professionalism and all of the things you have done over the years for Travelers Rest," McCall said to Batchelor following the reading of the proclamation.
Related on the Tribune:
Most Popular on the Tribune:
- Updated: Council passes Trailblazer Park alcohol sales ordinance
- Trailblazer Park concealed weapons motion pulled from Council agenda
- Travelers Rest City Council Report: Gun debate packs city hall
- TRPD awarded for efforts against drunken driving, underage drinking
- Area church, Forest Coffeehouse to host arts review night