Launched in 2010, The Travelers Rest Tribune published daily until December of 2021, when we went into hiatus. In June of 2023, we made the decision to re-launch the Tribune, switching from our previous advertiser-supported model to one that is community-supported.
In short, we now offer a mix of free and premium content/services, all delivered and shown ad-free.
Articles denoted with an unlock icon in the "Latest News" section of the homepage, the calendar, public notices, the ExploreTR section, and Community Alert! articles are open to everyone. In addition, subscribers who sign up at the "free" level will twice a week via email receive our “eNews Lite” edition, which includes links to the top articles from those sections.
Paid subscribers ($5.99/month) receive:
– Full TRTribune.com site access;
– Our traditional (and comprehensive!) "Travelers Rest Tribune eNews" edition, delivered to inboxes each Tuesday and Friday morning;
– Access to subscriber-only content and special news reports;
– The ability to comment on articles and replies;
– Community Alerts! sent via email;
– Access to the Tribune archives; and
– our sincere gratitude for being supporters of independent journalism. 😉
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to reach out to us here.