SLATER, S.C. – Slater Hall Community Center will be closed for activities from March 30 through April 26 to allow for the installation of a new heating and air conditioning system, one more step to restoring the facility to full use for the community.
According to Slater Hall Citizens Committee's Karen Cleveland, the new heating system will be much more efficient than the current system and the new air conditioning system will allow for more activities and events to be held indoors during the summer months.
Cleveland said a major impetus for the installation is due to the upcoming "Hometown Teams" exhibit that will be on display at Slater Hall from Sept. 12 through Oct. 25. Slater Hall is one of only six sites throughout the state that were chosen to host the exhibit, which is part of the Smithsonian Institution's Museum on Main program. (Additional sports related activities and events will be scheduled during the exhibit's run and will be announced soon.)
Scheduled programming (as of the time of this writing) for Slater Hall throughout 2015 includes:
• Open Gym: Resuming after April 26 on Thursday evenings from 6 - 8 p.m.
• June 5: Summer Outdoor Movie Night
• July 3: Moon Boom! (New this year, 6-10 p.m., sponsored by Marietta Smiles)
• August 15: Summer Outdoor Movie Night
• September 19: Slater-Marietta High School and Mill Reunions
• October 29-31: Haunted Hall
• October 31: Not So Scary Trail (Sponsored by Slater Baptist and Slater Methodist churches)
• November 14: Classic Car Cruise-In and Veterans Salute
• December 13: Slater-Marietta Christmas Parade awards party and visit with Santa
For more information, visit slaterhallsc.org.
Related on the Tribune: