GREENVILLE, SC — Registration opens at noon on Wednesday, July 15 for candidates who wish to run for offices at several Greenville County fire and water districts in the upcoming November election.
Open seats for area districts in the November election include:
- Duncan Chapel Fire District - 1
- Glassy Mountain Fire Service Area - 3
- Gowensville Public Service District (shared w/Spartanburg County) - 2
- Marietta Water, Fire, Sanitation & Sewer District - 1
- North Greenville Fire District - 2
- River Falls Fire District - 2
- Slater-Marietta Fire District - 1
- Tigerville Fire District - 4
The filing period closes at noon on Aug. 14. You must be a resident of the district in which you wish to run. Candidates must appear at the Greenville County Election Office, Suite 1900, 301 University Ridge (County Square) in order to file a Statement of Intention of Candidacy for their specific district and present proper identification. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For more information, visit the Greenville County website here.