GREENVILLE, S.C. — The 25-year-old man accused of killing a North Greenville Fire Dept. firefighter on Thursday morning following a Sheriff's Office chase and wrong-way crash was denied bond on Friday night.
John William Kennedy, of Greer, is charged with:
• Two attempted murder charges, both stemming from West Blue Ridge Dr. in Greenville, where the chase began and Kennedy allegedly hit a Greenville County Deputy;
• Failure to stop with death;
• Leaving the scene with death;
• Reckless homicide death; and,
• Miscellaneous other property and driving charges.
Kennedy was denied bond on several of the charges and remains in the Greenville County Detention Center.
(To stay up to date with the news that matters most to residents of northern Greenville County, subscribe to the Tribune's free eNews and never miss a story again.)