TRAVELERS REST, S.C. — The January Travelers Rest City Council Meeting was held on Thurs., Jan. 21.
• Travelers Rest City Councilwoman Brandy Amidon was elected Mayor Pro Tempore.
• Committee appointments and chairpersons were named.
Ways & Means Committee Chairperson - Grant Bumgarner
Planning & Development Committee Chairperson - Rebecca Cooper
Public Safety Committee Chairperson - Rick Floyd
Public Works Committee Chairperson - Steve Waddell
Personnel Committee Chairperson - Brandy Amidon
• A second and final reading of an ordinance to rezone property located on N. Main St. at Scruggs Dr. from I-1 Industrial to R-10 Residential passed unanimously.
• The first of two readings of an ordinance to rezone the property located at 6 Tubbs Mtn. Rd. from C-2 Commercial to R-M Multi-Family passed unanimously. A special council meeting to hold the second reading and vote was scheduled as well. (Read more here.)
• Council members unanimously approved a proposal from 1580WDAB, entering into a three-month programming and advertisement agreement with the Travelers Rest radio station. (Read more here.)
• Mayor Pro Tem Brandy Amidon, on behalf of the city, proclaimed Mahayla Law Day in Travelers Rest. (Read more here.)
• Bess McCall, representing Let's Keep Travelers Rest Beautiful, named Bob Sparks with Creative Displays as December's Christmas Decoration winner. (Read more about the contest here.)
• Bess McCall named Health Care Facility Partners (formerly DSI Dialysis) as the January Let's Keep TR Beautiful Beautification Award winner.