A message from Police Chief Lance Crowe:
"The Travelers Rest Police Dept. would like to express public gratitude to several local retailers for their efforts in reducing underage drinking in Travelers Rest. As a member agency of the Greenville County Alcohol Enforcement Team, officer Jennifer Stuber sent an undercover operative into several retail establishments on January 9 to attempt to purchase alcoholic beverages. We are happy to report that 12 businesses out of 12 checked the operative’s ID and refused to complete the sale. These businesses are Rite Aid, Molinas, CVS, Walgreens, Dollar General, Shortfields, Rest Stop, Willis ABC store, Willis #2, Spinx, Bi-Lo, and Mojo’s.
Please congratulate these businesses in their diligence in ensuring that our youth do not have easy access to alcohol in Travelers Rest."
- Chief Crowe
Travelers Rest Police Dept. Crime Report:
• 02/07/17 (12:01 pm) - A male subject was arrested from Pizza Inn and charged with breach of trust.
• 02/07/17 (6:21 pm) - Several items were stolen from a residence on Magnolia Dr.
• 02/09/17 (7:38 am) - A female subject was arrested from a traffic stop on Roe Center Ct. and charged with having methamphetamine, a controlled substance, marijuana, and drug paraphernalia in her possession. A second female subject was charged with having a controlled substance in her possession.
• 02/10/17 (2:04 pm) - A ring was stolen from a locker at the YMCA.
• 02/10/17 (3:56 pm) - A knife and sunglasses were stolen from a car while parked on Cox St.
The TRPD responded to five disturbances and eight traffic collisions this reporting period.
The above list is not exhaustive but represents highlights of TRPD activity.
To contact the department, call 864.834.9029 (or 911 for emergencies).
(Source: Travelers Rest Police Dept.)