Click here to subscribe to the Tribune's free, weekly eNews.
A message from Police Chief Lance Crowe:
"We would also like to express our regrets for the cancellation of the 2017 Christmas Parade. The decision was not an easy one for anyone, and we hope that the disappointment was tempered by the understanding that this choice was based entirely in our desire for the safety of everyone involved. Those of us who labored over this question monitored the weather and discussed the possibilities with each other well into the night on Friday, and we made the call that we collectively felt was appropriate.
Finally, we would like to announce that Captain Randy Fisher has left the TRPD to accept a position with another local police agency, and that Detective Tim Kelley has been promoted to the position of Captain. Captain Kelley has over 20 years in law enforcement, involving County Detention, Greer PD, Landrum PD, and here at Travelers Rest (for over half of that time). We are all especially confident in the knowledge and experience he has gained in his years as our detective. Please join us in wishing Captain Fisher the best in this next phase of his career, and in congratulations to Captain Kelley as he assumes this critical duty here at the TRPD."
— Chief Crowe
Travelers Rest Police Dept. Crime Report:
• 12/04/17 12:43 pm - A female subject was arrested from Subway and charged with having a controlled substance in her possession.
• 12/07/17 2:08 pm - A male subject was arrested from Tractor Supply and charged with shoplifting.
• 12/08/17 8:53 am - A female subject was arrested from a traffic stop on Southend Cr. and charged with driving with a suspended license. A male subject was charged with having methamphetamine, heroin, and marijuana in his possession.
• 12/09/17 6:53 pm - A male subject war arrested from a traffic stop on Hawkins Rd. and Plaza Dr. and charged with having marijuana in his possession.
• 12/09/17 8:57 pm - A female subject was arrested from Wal-Mart and charged with shoplifting.
• 12/10/17 4:37 pm - Several checks and some change were stolen from an unlocked vehicle while parked on Nolan Rd.
(Advertisement. Continue reading below.)
The TRPD responded to five disturbances and six traffic collisions during the reporting period.
To contact the department, call 864.834.9029 (or 911 for emergencies).
(Source: Travelers Rest Police Dept.)
Subscribe to the Tribune's free, weekly eNews.