A message from Travelers Rest Police Chief Lance Crowe:
"The Travelers Rest Police Dept. would like to express public gratitude to several local retailers for their efforts in reducing underage drinking in Travelers Rest. As a member agency of the Greenville County Alcohol Enforcement Team, Officer Jennifer Stuber sent an undercover operative into several retail establishments on Jan. 27 to attempt to purchase alcoholic beverages.We are happy to report that nine businesses out of nine checked the operative’s ID and refused to complete the sale. Those businesses are CVS, Dollar General, the Tasting Room, Copperhead Mountain Distillery, Rest Stop, Willis ABC, Exxon, Spinx, and Bi-Lo.
On the same day, another operative attempted to purchase tobacco products and was denied the sale at four businesses out of four. These businesses are Rite Aid, Murphy USA, Walmart, and Walgreens. Please congratulate these businesses in their diligence in ensuring that our youth do not have easy access to alcohol and/or tobacco in Travelers Rest."
— Chief Crowe
(Click here to subscribe to the Tribune's free, weekly eNews.)
Travelers Rest Police Dept. Crime Report:
• 02/05/18 4:13 pm - A female subject was arrested from Wal- Mart and charged with having methamphetamine in her possession.
• 02/05/18 5:31 pm - A male subject was arrested from Gaston Dr. and charged with disorderly conduct.
• 02/06/18 12:11 pm - A female subject was arrested from Sunrift and charged with shoplifting.
• 02/07/18 11:20 am - A female subject was arrested from Wal-Mart and charged with shoplifting.
• 02/08/18 4:19 pm - A male subject was arrested from Wal-Mart and charged with shoplifting.
• 02/12/18 12:55 am - A female subject was arrested from a traffic stop on Benton Rd. and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
• 02/12/18 4:14 am - A female subject was arrested from McElhaney Rd. and charged with having methamphetamine in her possession.
(Advertisement. Continue reading below.)
The TRPD responded to ten disturbances and seven traffic collisions during the reporting period.
To contact the department, call 864.834.9029 (or 911 for emergencies).
(Source: Travelers Rest Police Dept.)
Subscribe to the Tribune's free, weekly eNews.