A Message from Police Chief Lance Crowe:
"The Travelers Rest Police Dept. would also like to express public gratitude to several local retailers for their efforts in reducing underage drinking in Travelers Rest. As a member agency of the Greenville County Alcohol Enforcement Team, Officer Jennifer Stuber sent an undercover operative into several retail establishments on March 9 to attempt to purchase alcoholic beverages.
We are happy to report that 17 businesses out of 17 checked the operative’s ID and refused to complete the sale. These businesses are Rite Aid, Molinas, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Dollar General, Sushi Yama, the Tasting Room, Whistle Stop, Sidewall Pizza, Swamp Rabbit Brewery, Copperhead Mountain Distillery, Rest Stop, Willis #2, Spinx, Bi-Lo, and Pizza House. Please congratulate these businesses in their diligence in ensuring that our youth do not have easy access to alcohol in Travelers Rest."
- Chief Lance Crowe
Travelers Rest Police Dept. Crime Report:
• 03/13/18 11:23 am - A female subject was arrested for shoplifting from Walmart.
• 03/13/18 12:12 pm - A male and a female subject were arrested for shoplifting from Walmart.
• 03/14/18 5:49 am -A female subject was arrested from Spinx and charged with having a controlled substance and methamphetamine in her possession.
• 03/14/18 4:45 pm - A male subject was arrested from Walmart and charged with obtaining prescription by fraud and false information.
• 03/15/18 3:13 pm - A male subject was arrested from Main St. and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
• 03/15/18 5:34 pm - A female subject was arrested for shoplifting from Walmart.
• 03/19/18 1:51 am - A male subject was arrested for shoplifting from Spinx.
(Advertisement. Continue reading below.)
The TRPD responded to 9 disturbances and 7 traffic collisions during the reporting period.
To contact the department, call 864.834.9029 (or 911 for emergencies).
(Source: Travelers Rest Police Dept.)
Subscribe to the Tribune's free, weekly eNews.