A message from Police Chief Lance Crowe:
The Travelers Rest Police Dept. would like to express public gratitude to several local retailers for their efforts in reducing underage drinking in Travelers Rest. As a member agency of the Greenville County Alcohol Enforcement Team, Officer Jennifer Stuber sent an undercover operative into several retail establishments on May 9 to attempt to purchase alcoholic beverages. We are happy to report that 14 businesses out of 14 checked the operative’s ID and refused to complete the sale. Those businesses are Rite Aid, Molinas, Walmart, CVS, Sushi Yama, Farmhouse Tacos, The Tasting Room, Whistle Stop, Sidewall Pizza, Swamp Rabbit Brewery, Shortfields, Mojo’s, and Pizza House.
On the same day, another operative attempted to purchase tobacco products and was denied the sale at seven businesses out of seven. These businesses are Walmart, Murphy USA, Walgreens, Dollar General, Rest Stop, Willis #2, and Spinx.
Please congratulate these businesses for their diligence in ensuring that our youth do not have easy access to alcohol and/or tobacco in Travelers Rest.
- Chief Crowe
Travelers Rest Police Dept. Crime Report:
• 05/15/18 (9:51 am) - A male subject was arrested from Walmart and charged with shoplifting. He was also charged with resisting arrest.
• 05/16/18 (12:32 pm) - A female subject was arrested from Walmart and charged with shoplifting.
• 05/17/18 (9:44 am) - A vehicle tag was stolen from a vehicle while parked at Subway.
• 05/17/18 (4:13 pm) - Two female subjects were arrested from Walmart and charged with shoplifting.
• 05/19/18 (3:00 pm) - A male subject was arrested from Walmart and charged with shoplifting.
(Advertisement. Continue reading below.)
The TRPD responded to 6 disturbances and 5 traffic collisions during the reporting period.
To contact the department, call 864.834.9029 (or 911 for emergencies).
(Source: Travelers Rest Police Dept.)
Subscribe to the Tribune's free, weekly eNews.