October 12th Crawl Happenings
We are talking town history, ghost stories, and pumpkins this month at the TR Crawl! Mark your calendar and join us on Main Street in downtown Travelers Rest, SC from 6p-9p for live music, food, friends and more. Details on all our Crawl happening are below. Don’t forget to pick up your Crawl Card to help you travel around the Crawl route. Use the Crawl Card to take advantage of free events, food specials, shop discounts AND it can help you win $50. Jump to the Crawl Card details now. Happy Crawl Y’all
HISTORICAL STOPS – Brought to us thanks to the Travelers Rest Historical Society and Greer Real Estate. Join us as we hear from locals and TR Legends and they talk about and show us the history of Travelers Rest, the people, buildings and community. The 5 historical stops will be at the Gazebo, My Sister’s Store, Carolina Oaks Dental, Cafe @ Williams Hardware and Arts Square (TR Makers Co and White Rabbit Gallery). Grab your Craw Card and get a stamp at each of the 5 stop locations, then turn in your Crawl Card for a chance to win $50. Completed cards can be turned in at TR Makers Co.
PUMPKIN CHUCKING – Kids and Adults can try their hand at building their own mini catapult. Bring your own ideas for building these contraptions or let us give you some ideas. Once we built, test your mini catapult creation in our pumpkin chucking firing range. This even takes place at the Gazebo.
ARTOBERFEST! Walk on down to The Grove and enjoy more artists, live music and wood-fired pizza. A silent auction will be going on to raise money for the Shriners Hospitals. Live music from The Passing Scene happens from 7-9pm.
Where to find Crawl Activities:
Events @ The Gazebo (Green space on Main Street in front of Gray Mare Antiques)
- Pumpkin Chucking – Come build your own catapult AND test it out!
- TR Historical Stop – Find out more about the Spring Park Inn and old railroad station stop.
- Ghost Stories – Good for all ages, come sit by the trailside and take a listen to some classic ghost stories performed by Janie Board and Company. Stories will be told every half hour. Make sure you bring a buddy to cuddle with!
- Face Painting
- Local artists on Main Street! Come meet Laura Hodges of Sculp’tin, Pamela Wright of WeatherVain Jewelry, and Laura Dixon of Six O Five Candle Co.
Events @ RetroMarketplace
- Local artists on Main Street! Including the work of jewelry maker Amie Kobler of Hey Moon
Events @ Poinsett and Main (Front Lawn outside My Sister’s Store)
- TR Historical Stop – Long before the grey house on the corner was My Sister’s Store, it was the Coleman House, Anderson House and Howze Mortuary. Come take a walk inside the house.
- Free cake samples from Happy Ending Desserts!
- Listen to the sound of the Friday Night Jam Session, which begins around 7p.
- Local artists on Main Street! Come meet Christine Bowman of Paper Flowers and Pamela Guffey of The Contry Pedaler.
Events @ The Grove (Just down from Upcountry Provisions Bakery and Bistro)
- ARTOBERFEST and Live music on the stage at The Grove from 5p-9p. You can also try one of their wood-fired pizzas and sip on a beverage while enjoying the sights and sounds!
Events @ TRee House Cafe & Studio
- Free to create! Come make art at the Cafe tonight with Kristen Coward.
Events @ Carolina Oaks Dental
- TR Historical Stop – Learn more about the history of this old building from Coleman Hospital to the Library and more. This building has a great history.
Events @ Cafe @ Williams Hardware
- TR Historical Stop – Another great TR landmark with great history. Come by and hear about the history of this building.
Events @ Arts Square (Parking Lot of TR Makers Co and White Rabbit Gallery)
- TR Historical Stop – Take a step back in time and learn about the buildings that is now Tandem and Sunrift. See artifacts and learn more about Pop Kramer and his bike tricks.
- Free Makers project at the TR Makers Co! You can also turn in your Crawl Cards here too.
- Local artists on Main Street! Come meet artist Don Owens of DL Fruit Works, Christina Dixon of C.H. Dixon Pottery, Jim Lynch and Katie Mann of My Celestial Phoenix.
For more information, visit TRCrawl.com.
For more area event listings, click here.
Subscribe to the Tribune's free, weekly eNews.