Updated: Deaths of child, great-grandmother ruled accidental

Updated (10/19/14 - 4:40 a.m.):

TRAVELERS REST, S.C. – The Greenville County Coroner's Office has determined that a toddler and his great-grandmother whose bodies were found inside a Travelers Rest home on Friday died as the result of an accidental fire that started in the master bedroom.

Deputy Coroner Kent Dill said 18-month-old Mael Blassingame died as a result of inhalation injuries and 60-year-old Jackie Ersahin suffered thermal and inhalation injuries.

Dill said the fire extinguished itself.

The Howze Mortuary in Travelers Rest is an charge of funeral arrangements. A service for both Blassingame and Erashin will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 21 beginning at 2 p.m.

Original story (10/17/14 - 6:45 p.m.):

TRAVELERS REST, S.C. – A child and his great-grandmother were found dead inside a home on Lindsey Lake Road on Friday, according to the Greenville County Coroner's office.

Deputy Coroner Kent Dill has identified the victims as 18-month-old Mael Blassingame and 60-year-old Jackie Ersahin.

Firefighters and emergency personnel responded to the home around 5 p.m. after a family member checked in at the home and discovered Ersahin's body.

Initial reports indicated that there may have been some sort of fire in the master bedroom, although details as to when or how the fire started are unclear at this time.

Autopsies are scheduled for Saturday, Dill said.

The Greenville County Sheriff's Office is investigating, and anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers at 864-23-CRIME.